Final NJ winner of $448 million Powerball jackpot comes forward
TRENTON, N.J. - August 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- Lottery officials say a New Jersey man has claimed the final share of this month's $448 million Powerball jackpot.
Mario Scarnici held one of the three winning tickets sold for the Aug. 7 drawing.
Lottery officials say the South Brunswick man chose the cash option and will get about $62 million after taxes.
Scarnici bought his winning ticket at a South Brunswick supermarket.
Lottery officials said Scarnici recently claimed his prize, but further details were not disclosed.
A telephone number for Scarnici could not be located Saturday afternoon.
Another winning ticket for the drawing was held by a group of 16 Ocean County vehicle maintenance employees, while the third was held by a suburban Minneapolis man.
new jersey news, minnesota, powerball, local/state
- Snow today, heavy at times 6 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps 56 min ago
- Video: Annie McCormick in Mobile 6 on I-76
- Video: David Henry on snow at Rittenhouse Sq.
- Video: John Rawlins on snow in E. Norriton
- Video: Nora Muchanic on snow in Trenton
- Video: Katherine Scott on snow in Delaware
- 2 corrections officers hurt in Concord Twp. crash 20 min ago
- Gunman fires shots through window, teens wounded
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
- Snow today, heavy at times
6 min ago