Final NJ winner of $448 million Powerball jackpot comes forward
TRENTON, N.J. - August 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- Lottery officials say a New Jersey man has claimed the final share of this month's $448 million Powerball jackpot.
Mario Scarnici held one of the three winning tickets sold for the Aug. 7 drawing.
Lottery officials say the South Brunswick man chose the cash option and will get about $62 million after taxes.
Scarnici bought his winning ticket at a South Brunswick supermarket.
Lottery officials said Scarnici recently claimed his prize, but further details were not disclosed.
A telephone number for Scarnici could not be located Saturday afternoon.
Another winning ticket for the drawing was held by a group of 16 Ocean County vehicle maintenance employees, while the third was held by a suburban Minneapolis man.
new jersey news, minnesota, powerball, local/state
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard 3 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill 14 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County 23 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco 16 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 18 min ago
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
14 min ago
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239...
3 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun...
18 min ago
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
23 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos