Police ID suspect in University of Delaware shooting
NEWARK, Del. - August 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- University of Delaware police have identified a man suspected of a shooting on the school's campus, and they say they've arrested his getaway driver.
Police identified the shooter as 20-year-old Brandon M. Fletcher of New Castle.
They say Fletcher and another man were playing basketball Monday evening and got into a fight.
Fletcher then allegedly ran to his car and retrieved a gun and began firing.
Fletcher's alleged getaway driver was identified as 21-year-old Antonio McCray-Bradley of New Castle.
McCray-Bradley does not appear to have a listed phone number, and a number listed for Fletcher was not working.
Fletcher is wanted on four counts of first-degree reckless endangering, four counts of aggravated menacing, firearm possession during a felony, firearm possession by a prohibited person and criminal mischief.
delaware news, shooting, university of delaware, local/state
- 2 million dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del. 38 min ago
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill
- Husband charged with wife's murder in Bethlehem
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- 3 injured in car crash in Pennsauken
- Fire damages South Philadelphia apartment
- Man shot several times in stomach in Chester
- Police: Job applicant stole from tip jar
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor