Woman's death on Market-Frankford El was accident, police say
KENSINGTON - August 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- A woman is dead after she was hit by a train on the Market-Frankford elevated line, and police have ruled her death an accident.
Andrew Busch of SEPTA said the woman apparently was waiting for the train on the Market-Frankford line at the Allegheny Station when she fell about 5:45 p.m. Saturday.
He said she fell at the same time an eastbound train was entering the station and there would have been no time for anyone to help her off the tracks before the train hit.
He said investigators do not suspect foul play but were still trying to determine why she fell and cause of death.
The woman's name has not been released.
Service on part of the line was interrupted for about two hours.--------------
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
philadelphia, kensington, train accident, local/state
- Photos: Recent prostitution arrests in Philadelphia 48 min ago
- Clouds to sun, cool today 20 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Vice principal commits suicide after ferry accident 27 min ago
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter 35 min ago
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist 38 min ago
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Video: Hero twins yell, hit carjacker to escape
- Driver killed in collision with taxi cab in...
31 min ago
- Firefighters battle 3-alarm blaze in...
28 min ago