Woman's death on Market-Frankford El was accident, police say
KENSINGTON - August 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- A woman is dead after she was hit by a train on the Market-Frankford elevated line, and police have ruled her death an accident.
Andrew Busch of SEPTA said the woman apparently was waiting for the train on the Market-Frankford line at the Allegheny Station when she fell about 5:45 p.m. Saturday.
He said she fell at the same time an eastbound train was entering the station and there would have been no time for anyone to help her off the tracks before the train hit.
He said investigators do not suspect foul play but were still trying to determine why she fell and cause of death.
The woman's name has not been released.
Service on part of the line was interrupted for about two hours.--------------
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
philadelphia, kensington, train accident, local/state
- Snow today, heavy at times 21 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- Video: John Rawlins on snow in Norristown 12 min ago
- Gunman fires shots through window, teens wounded
- Heavy flames damage Southwest Philadelphia house
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition
- Snow today, heavy at times
21 min ago