Possible drag racing crash on Roosevelt Boulevard
OXFORD CIRCLE - August 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- A possible drag race on Roosevelt Boulevard led to an early morning crash, according to authorities.
Witnesses tell Philadelphia police they saw two cars racing in the 5800 block of the Boulevard in Oxford Circle around 3:30 a.m. Sunday, when one of the vehicles went out of control and slammed into two trees.
The occupants of the car got out, jumped into another vehicle, and fled the scene.
Police are checking area hospitals in case anyone hurt in the crash sought medical help.
philadelphia, roosevelt boulevard, oxford circle, accident, local/state
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Wet to Wintry!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Moment of silence marks Boston bombings
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police