Possible drag racing crash on Roosevelt Boulevard
OXFORD CIRCLE - August 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- A possible drag race on Roosevelt Boulevard led to an early morning crash, according to authorities.
Witnesses tell Philadelphia police they saw two cars racing in the 5800 block of the Boulevard in Oxford Circle around 3:30 a.m. Sunday, when one of the vehicles went out of control and slammed into two trees.
The occupants of the car got out, jumped into another vehicle, and fled the scene.
Police are checking area hospitals in case anyone hurt in the crash sought medical help.
philadelphia, roosevelt boulevard, oxford circle, accident, local/state
- Photos: 24 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme 10 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
- Police ID man found dead in Centreville driveway
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges
- Woman charged in NJ man's overdose death 10 min ago
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- Restaurant plans new statue of Joe Paterno
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos