Contractor rescued from trench in Coatesville
COATESVILLE, Pa. - August 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- Officials rescued a contractor who was stuck in a trench near the Coatesville VA Hospital in Chester County.
The call went out shortly after 8:00 a.m. Sunday after a subcontractor fell into a large trench at 1400 Blackhorse Hill Road.
Initial reports indicate the male was originally buried up to his neck in a trench he was digging; coworkers were able to dig him out up to his chest.
Arriving crews worked to stabilize the area so he could be removed.
He was removed from the trench at approximately 10:45 a.m. and taken to Paoli Hospital in stable condition.
pennsylvania news, coatesville, chester county news, rescue, local/state
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Finally, a nice weekend! 9 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro 7 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Suspect sketch in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run 23 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Finally, a nice weekend!
9 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos