Contractor rescued from trench in Coatesville
COATESVILLE, Pa. - August 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- Officials rescued a contractor who was stuck in a trench near the Coatesville VA Hospital in Chester County.
The call went out shortly after 8:00 a.m. Sunday after a subcontractor fell into a large trench at 1400 Blackhorse Hill Road.
Initial reports indicate the male was originally buried up to his neck in a trench he was digging; coworkers were able to dig him out up to his chest.
Arriving crews worked to stabilize the area so he could be removed.
He was removed from the trench at approximately 10:45 a.m. and taken to Paoli Hospital in stable condition.
pennsylvania news, coatesville, chester county news, rescue, local/state
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom