Contractor rescued from trench in Coatesville
COATESVILLE, Pa. - August 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- Officials rescued a contractor who was stuck in a trench near the Coatesville VA Hospital in Chester County.
The call went out shortly after 8:00 a.m. Sunday after a subcontractor fell into a large trench at 1400 Blackhorse Hill Road.
Initial reports indicate the male was originally buried up to his neck in a trench he was digging; coworkers were able to dig him out up to his chest.
Arriving crews worked to stabilize the area so he could be removed.
He was removed from the trench at approximately 10:45 a.m. and taken to Paoli Hospital in stable condition.
pennsylvania news, coatesville, chester county news, rescue, local/state
- Very cold today, Saturday storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- DA: Woman stole $81K from Montco church 18 min ago
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Police: Freshman dies after frat ritual in Poconos
- NASA: Space station may have bad valve 1 min ago
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in Mercer County
- Suspicious package found outside Planet Fitness in Olney
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed