Mom: Sarah Murnaghan off oxygen, doing well
PHILADELPHIA - August 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- Sarah Murnaghan's mother said Sunday that her daughter has been taken off oxygen and is doing well.
Janet Murnaghan tells The Associated Press that Sarah still gets support from a machine that helps her breathe.
Murnaghan says that in the last few days Sarah has started to walk around the hospital with the aid of a walker and has even gone outside briefly.
The Newtown Square girl with end-stage cystic fibrosis received the transplants at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia after a federal judge intervened in her parents' lawsuit challenging national transplant rules.
Sarah's first set of adult lungs failed after a transplant June 12. A second set was transplanted three days later.
pennsylvania news, surgery, local/state
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for hours
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs