Mom: Sarah Murnaghan off oxygen, doing well
PHILADELPHIA - August 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- Sarah Murnaghan's mother said Sunday that her daughter has been taken off oxygen and is doing well.
Janet Murnaghan tells The Associated Press that Sarah still gets support from a machine that helps her breathe.
Murnaghan says that in the last few days Sarah has started to walk around the hospital with the aid of a walker and has even gone outside briefly.
The Newtown Square girl with end-stage cystic fibrosis received the transplants at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia after a federal judge intervened in her parents' lawsuit challenging national transplant rules.
Sarah's first set of adult lungs failed after a transplant June 12. A second set was transplanted three days later.
pennsylvania news, surgery, local/state
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos