Mom: Sarah Murnaghan off oxygen, doing well
PHILADELPHIA - August 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- Sarah Murnaghan's mother said Sunday that her daughter has been taken off oxygen and is doing well.
Janet Murnaghan tells The Associated Press that Sarah still gets support from a machine that helps her breathe.
Murnaghan says that in the last few days Sarah has started to walk around the hospital with the aid of a walker and has even gone outside briefly.
The Newtown Square girl with end-stage cystic fibrosis received the transplants at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia after a federal judge intervened in her parents' lawsuit challenging national transplant rules.
Sarah's first set of adult lungs failed after a transplant June 12. A second set was transplanted three days later.
pennsylvania news, surgery, local/state
- Snow/ Sleet Arriving
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Wintry weather forecast maps
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- PennDOT preps begin ahead of wintry mix
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI
- Body found in Logan tire fire
- $10K reward in murder of Chester gas station owner
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Mandela 54 min ago
- Suspects sought in Glenside carjacking, abduction
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist
- NJ officers play Santa for 'Shop with a Cop'