Mom: Sarah Murnaghan off oxygen, doing well
PHILADELPHIA - August 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- Sarah Murnaghan's mother said Sunday that her daughter has been taken off oxygen and is doing well.
Janet Murnaghan tells The Associated Press that Sarah still gets support from a machine that helps her breathe.
Murnaghan says that in the last few days Sarah has started to walk around the hospital with the aid of a walker and has even gone outside briefly.
The Newtown Square girl with end-stage cystic fibrosis received the transplants at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia after a federal judge intervened in her parents' lawsuit challenging national transplant rules.
Sarah's first set of adult lungs failed after a transplant June 12. A second set was transplanted three days later.
pennsylvania news, surgery, local/state
- Photos: 6 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Autopsy results released in death of Pa. Trooper's wife 21 min ago
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Photos: Pictures from the finger-bite mall attack
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber