Police, EMS crews overcome by fumes in Delco. hazmat
ASTON, Pa. - August 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- Two police officers and a paramedic were overcome by chemical fumes while responding to a well-being call in Aston, Delaware County.
It happened around 11:00 Sunday morning at a trailer inside the Village Green Mobile Home Park on 2nd Avenue.
Authorities say an elderly couple called police to check on their daughter, who they were not able to get in contact with.
When crews entered the home, they were met with a strong chemical odor.
"We determined that for the safety of the officers and EMS personnel to back out and contact hazmat personnel to come in and clear the scene to make it safe for all EMS and officers," said Chief Dan Ruggieri, Aston Police Department.
The officers were treated at the scene.
It is presumed that the woman died inside the home.
Hazmat crews have since made the area safe again for residents.
pennsylvania news, delaware county news, hazmat, local/state
- Skydiver injured in Washington Twp. accident 20 min ago
- 70s Return This Week 5 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $30K possibly stolen in Target armed robbery 16 min ago
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run 18 min ago
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash 57 min ago
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- 70s Return This Week
5 min ago