Police, EMS crews overcome by fumes in Delco. hazmat
ASTON, Pa. - August 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- Two police officers and a paramedic were overcome by chemical fumes while responding to a well-being call in Aston, Delaware County.
It happened around 11:00 Sunday morning at a trailer inside the Village Green Mobile Home Park on 2nd Avenue.
Authorities say an elderly couple called police to check on their daughter, who they were not able to get in contact with.
When crews entered the home, they were met with a strong chemical odor.
"We determined that for the safety of the officers and EMS personnel to back out and contact hazmat personnel to come in and clear the scene to make it safe for all EMS and officers," said Chief Dan Ruggieri, Aston Police Department.
The officers were treated at the scene.
It is presumed that the woman died inside the home.
Hazmat crews have since made the area safe again for residents.
pennsylvania news, delaware county news, hazmat, local/state
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- Turning Milder 18 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 25 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's 46 min ago
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Person injured in incident on train tracks in Center City 44 min ago
- Police in standoff at home in Uwchlan Twp. 48 min ago
- NJ Transit bus crashes into building, 9 injured 36 min ago
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding 38 min ago
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Security breach affected all cards, not...
46 min ago
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in Talleyville
40 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos