6 injured including 4 children in Route 55 crash
ELK TWP., N.J. - August 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities say six people including four children were injured when their vehicle overturned on Route 55 in Elk Township, New Jersey.
It happened around 6:00 p.m. Sunday in the northbound lanes of the highway near mile marker 47.6.
Officials say a silver Pontiac, with two adults and four children, left the roadway and overturned, striking a blue Chevy.
All six people inside the Pontiac were taken to Cooper University Hospital.
One person was listed in serious condition. The conditions of the other victims have not been released.
The driver inside the Chevy was not injured.
Investigators are still looking in to what caused the crash.
new jersey news, gloucester county news, accident, local/state
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings 8 min ago
- Arrest in S. Phila. Christmas decoration theft 27 min ago
- Woman stabbed female cousin to death, police say
- Roy Halladay retiring as a Blue Jay
- Police: Man wasn't at casino before being shot
- 2 kids, 3 others injured in school bus crash 24 min ago
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations
- Michael Carter-Williams released from hospital
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally