6 injured including 4 children in Route 55 crash
ELK TWP., N.J. - August 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities say six people including four children were injured when their vehicle overturned on Route 55 in Elk Township, New Jersey.
It happened around 6:00 p.m. Sunday in the northbound lanes of the highway near mile marker 47.6.
Officials say a silver Pontiac, with two adults and four children, left the roadway and overturned, striking a blue Chevy.
All six people inside the Pontiac were taken to Cooper University Hospital.
One person was listed in serious condition. The conditions of the other victims have not been released.
The driver inside the Chevy was not injured.
Investigators are still looking in to what caused the crash.
new jersey news, gloucester county news, accident, local/state
- NJ forest fire threatens homes; evacuations ordered
- Winds Ease Overnight 18 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Wedding crashers caught on camera 22 min ago
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 2 attempted lurings near Upper Merion school 24 min ago
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co.
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests
- Winds Ease Overnight
18 min ago