Crews battle 2-alarm fire at Chester home
CHESTER, Pa. - August 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- Fire crews in Chester, Delaware County battled a 2-alarm blaze inside a home overnight.
The fire broke out just before 3:30 a.m. Monday on the 500 block of West 9th Street.
Arriving firefighters quickly struck a second alarm.
Heavy fire was visible though out the house. It took over a half hour to get the flames under control.
There are no reports of injuries.
chester, delaware county news, pennsylvania news, fire, local/state
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95
- Wet to Wintry
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Police raid alleged chop shop in North Philadelphia 53 min ago
- Restaurant owner slashes robber with sushi knife
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Center City rape victims speaks to Action News
- Surveillance: Christmas packages stolen from home
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Arrest in theft of Porsche part from Walker crash
- Jim Gardner recalls visiting Mandela's cell
52 min ago