Staff evacuated from Port Richmond school for odor
PORT RICHMOND - August 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- Staffers were briefly evacuated from a Philadelphia school after a strange odor was reported on Monday morning.
Rescuers were called to Our Lady of Port Richmond Regional Catholic School in the 3200 block of East Thompson Street around 9:00 a.m.
There has been no word as to what the odor was, but the scene was cleared and staffers were allowed back inside the building.
There were no students in the school.
philadelphia, port richmond, school, local/state
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos