Lavallette, New Jersey police chief charged with assaulting girlfriend
TOMS RIVER, N.J. - August 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- The chief of police for Lavallette, New Jersey has been charged with assault following a domestic incident at his home in Toms River.
Colin Grant, 48, was arrested after the incident on Friday night.
Toms River police say were called to the home on Bay Lea Fairways at 11:45 p.m.
There, police say, they were met by a 40-year-old woman who said Grant had assaulted her during an argument.
Officers on the scene said the woman, who identified herself as Grant's girlfriend, was obviously injured, with redness and a small abrasion to her neck.
Grant was released pending a future court appearance.
Meanwhile, the Ocean County Prosecutor's Office said it will conduct its own investigation.Grant's employement status was not immediately known. A message and photo from Grant was still visible on the police department's website on Monday afternoon.
new jersey news, ocean county news, assault, local/state
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 54 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill 16 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman 49 min ago
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip 42 min ago
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth 58 min ago
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
16 min ago