Woman in wheelchair targeted in theft
PHILADELPHIA - August 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- A cerebral palsy patient, who uses a wheelchair, was the victim of a theft.
Kathleen Cursico, a quadriplegic who relies on caregivers, was targeted at the PNC bank attached to the Philadelphia Convention Center back on Wednesday.
"They're going to rot in hell. They're going to rot in hell. They knew that I'm in a wheelchair. Why would they do this to someone in a wheelchair?" Cursico said.
Cursico's caregiver was at the ATM while Cursico was off to the side. That's when the suspect walked up and started talking to her.
"Somebody came up to me and took my wallet out of my pocketbook," said Cursico.
While the ATM has a surveillance camera, the vestibule does not so the suspect was not caught on video.
Inside Cursico's wallet were her birth certificate, social security card and a small amount of cash.
The 29-year-old said her condition makes her physically challenged, but her mind is sharp. So, she wants others to hear her cautionary tale.
"Please tell other people to be aware of their surroundings, because now I am scared," she said.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
philadelphia, robbery, local/state, chad pradelli
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Sunny and Cooler! 42 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash 13 min ago
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd. 5 min ago
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Malaysia jet may have turned back 32 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Sunny and Cooler!
42 min ago