Woman in wheelchair targeted in theft
PHILADELPHIA - August 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- A cerebral palsy patient, who uses a wheelchair, was the victim of a theft.
Kathleen Cursico, a quadriplegic who relies on caregivers, was targeted at the PNC bank attached to the Philadelphia Convention Center back on Wednesday.
"They're going to rot in hell. They're going to rot in hell. They knew that I'm in a wheelchair. Why would they do this to someone in a wheelchair?" Cursico said.
Cursico's caregiver was at the ATM while Cursico was off to the side. That's when the suspect walked up and started talking to her.
"Somebody came up to me and took my wallet out of my pocketbook," said Cursico.
While the ATM has a surveillance camera, the vestibule does not so the suspect was not caught on video.
Inside Cursico's wallet were her birth certificate, social security card and a small amount of cash.
The 29-year-old said her condition makes her physically challenged, but her mind is sharp. So, she wants others to hear her cautionary tale.
"Please tell other people to be aware of their surroundings, because now I am scared," she said.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
philadelphia, robbery, local/state, chad pradelli
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor 31 min ago
- Warmer Weekend 5 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway 33 min ago
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands 37 min ago
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school 39 min ago
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield 14 min ago
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested 35 min ago
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Fmr. Montco GOP chairman to stand trial for rape
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova...
31 min ago
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
33 min ago
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for...
37 min ago
- Warmer Weekend
5 min ago