Bank robbery suspect arrested near Parx Casino identified
BENSALEM, Pa. - August 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- The suspect in a bank robbery on Tuesday in Bensalem, Pa. arrested near the Parx Casino has been identified.
The robbery happened around 2:00 p.m. at the TD Bank at 2751 Street Road.
Police say the suspect, identified as 35-year-old Frank Dennis Hicks, jumped over the counter and grabbed an undisclosed amount of money.
As the man ran away, police say a dye pack exploded as several witnesses chased him.
Police say Hicks then tried to hop a fence at the casino, but officers were there to take him into custody.
Hicks was taken to the hospital to be treated for cuts to his hands, sustained while climbing the fence.
He was later arraigned on robbery and related charges and sent to the Bucks County Prison in lieu of $750,000 bail.
Investigators say Hicks was released 27 days ago after serving a 9-year-federal sentence for 6 bank robberies in Philadelphia.
The TD Bank holdup was actually the second bank robbery Tuesday along Street Road, but police said the two were not related.
The prior robbery happened at 12:50 p.m. at the Fulton Bank at 2100 Street Road. The suspect in that crime used a demand note and remains at large.
pennsylvania news, bensalem, bucks county news, bank robbery, casinos, local/state
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Video: Flyers' Hartnell co-authors children's book