Probation for woman involved in Northern Liberties killings
NORTHERN LIBERTIES - August 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- A woman has been sentenced to two years of probation for her role in a high-profile double killing in the Northern Liberties section of Philadelphia.
Katoya Jones, 27, was sentenced Tuesday on two counts of third-degree murder after the killings at the Piazza at Schmidt's in 2009.
Jones gave three men access to the apartment complex for what she thought was a robbery.
Rian Thal, 34, and Timothy Gilmore, 40, were killed.
Investigators said they seized more than eight pounds of cocaine and $100,000 cash from Thal's apartment after the killings.
Jones testified against three men, who were each convicted and received life sentences.
philadelphia, northern liberties, homicide, shooting, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases