Probation for woman involved in Northern Liberties killings
NORTHERN LIBERTIES - August 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- A woman has been sentenced to two years of probation for her role in a high-profile double killing in the Northern Liberties section of Philadelphia.
Katoya Jones, 27, was sentenced Tuesday on two counts of third-degree murder after the killings at the Piazza at Schmidt's in 2009.
Jones gave three men access to the apartment complex for what she thought was a robbery.
Rian Thal, 34, and Timothy Gilmore, 40, were killed.
Investigators said they seized more than eight pounds of cocaine and $100,000 cash from Thal's apartment after the killings.
Jones testified against three men, who were each convicted and received life sentences.
philadelphia, northern liberties, homicide, shooting, local/state
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy 19 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser 2 min ago
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Lumberton brush fire considered 'suspicious'
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
19 min ago