Police search taxi after bomb threat in Hamilton Township
HAMILTON TWP., N.J. - August 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- New Jersey State Police are questioning a man they believe made a credible bomb threat Tuesday.
The concern elicited a heavy law enforcement response at about 6:00 p.m. Tuesday.
Police shut down a stretch along the 1400 block of East State Street in Hamilton Township, Mercer County.
They surrounded a taxi and brought in a bomb-sniffing dog.
Authorities found the vehicle did not contain any explosive matter.
But they said their investigation is ongoing.
They have not revealed the exact nature of the alleged threat.
new jersey news, bomb scare, mercer county news, local/state
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run 27 min ago
- Breezy And Mild!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos