Police search taxi after bomb threat in Hamilton Township
HAMILTON TWP., N.J. - August 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- New Jersey State Police are questioning a man they believe made a credible bomb threat Tuesday.
The concern elicited a heavy law enforcement response at about 6:00 p.m. Tuesday.
Police shut down a stretch along the 1400 block of East State Street in Hamilton Township, Mercer County.
They surrounded a taxi and brought in a bomb-sniffing dog.
Authorities found the vehicle did not contain any explosive matter.
But they said their investigation is ongoing.
They have not revealed the exact nature of the alleged threat.
new jersey news, bomb scare, mercer county news, local/state
- Very cold today, Saturday storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- DA: Woman stole $81K from Montco church 12 min ago
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Police: Freshman dies after frat ritual in Poconos
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in Mercer County
- Suspicious package found outside Planet Fitness in Olney
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted