Police search taxi after bomb threat in Hamilton Township
HAMILTON TWP., N.J. - August 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- New Jersey State Police are questioning a man they believe made a credible bomb threat Tuesday.
The concern elicited a heavy law enforcement response at about 6:00 p.m. Tuesday.
Police shut down a stretch along the 1400 block of East State Street in Hamilton Township, Mercer County.
They surrounded a taxi and brought in a bomb-sniffing dog.
Authorities found the vehicle did not contain any explosive matter.
But they said their investigation is ongoing.
They have not revealed the exact nature of the alleged threat.
new jersey news, bomb scare, mercer county news, local/state
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports 14 min ago
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Female suspect arrested in Christmas package theft
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Elkins Park sisters treated at KoP by Make-a-Wish 5 min ago
- Area medical schools use 'Jeopardy' as learning tool
- Freebie Friday
- Photos: East Passyunk Avenue Tree Lighting Party