Police search taxi after bomb threat in Hamilton Township
HAMILTON TWP., N.J. - August 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- New Jersey State Police are questioning a man they believe made a credible bomb threat Tuesday.
The concern elicited a heavy law enforcement response at about 6:00 p.m. Tuesday.
Police shut down a stretch along the 1400 block of East State Street in Hamilton Township, Mercer County.
They surrounded a taxi and brought in a bomb-sniffing dog.
Authorities found the vehicle did not contain any explosive matter.
But they said their investigation is ongoing.
They have not revealed the exact nature of the alleged threat.
new jersey news, bomb scare, mercer county news, local/state
- Photos: AccuWeather Maps: Snow arrives 16 min ago
- Snow will turn the ground white again! 7 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire 17 min ago
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia 18 min ago
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees 24 min ago
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
7 min ago
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
18 min ago