Man shot multiple times in attempted robbery in Germantown
PHILADELPHIA - August 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are looking for the two gunmen who shot a man during an attempted robbery in the city's Germantown section late Tuesday night.
It was shortly after 11:00 p.m. when gunfire erupted at the intersection of Ogontz Avenue and Widener Place.
A witness tells Action News there were a number of people outside when the 42-year-old victim exited the Happy House Chinese Restaurant on Ogontz Avenue. That is when, the witness says, shots were fired.
He said he saw the victim running away, and then saw the blood.
The victim was shot multiple times in the back, arm and backside as he tried to run away from the suspects.
He was rushed to Albert Einstein Medical Center in critical condition.
The two suspects fled the scene in a silver vehicle. So far, no further description has been provided.
Police say attempted robbery could have been the motive, but they are continuing to investigate.
The victim's name has not been released.
shooting, germantown, robbery, philadelphia, local/state
- Snow today, heavy at times
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps 8 min ago
- Gunman fires shots through window, teens wounded
- Heavy flames damage Southwest Philadelphia house
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy 15 min ago
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- 2 PSU students charged with ethnic intimidation
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition
- John Rawlins tracks the snowstorm
45 min ago
- Katherine Scott tracks the storm from...
43 min ago