Man shot multiple times in attempted robbery in Germantown
PHILADELPHIA - August 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are looking for the two gunmen who shot a man during an attempted robbery in the city's Germantown section late Tuesday night.
It was shortly after 11:00 p.m. when gunfire erupted at the intersection of Ogontz Avenue and Widener Place.
A witness tells Action News there were a number of people outside when the 42-year-old victim exited the Happy House Chinese Restaurant on Ogontz Avenue. That is when, the witness says, shots were fired.
He said he saw the victim running away, and then saw the blood.
The victim was shot multiple times in the back, arm and backside as he tried to run away from the suspects.
He was rushed to Albert Einstein Medical Center in critical condition.
The two suspects fled the scene in a silver vehicle. So far, no further description has been provided.
Police say attempted robbery could have been the motive, but they are continuing to investigate.
The victim's name has not been released.
shooting, germantown, robbery, philadelphia, local/state
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Easter Sunshine 46 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Elderly man struck, killed in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Lumberton brush fire considered 'suspicious' 3 min ago
- Crimefighters: Reward in Camden drive-thru murder
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
- Divers pull more bodies from South Korean ferry
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Easter Sunshine
46 min ago