Man shot multiple times in attempted robbery in Germantown
PHILADELPHIA - August 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are looking for the two gunmen who shot a man during an attempted robbery in the city's Germantown section late Tuesday night.
It was shortly after 11:00 p.m. when gunfire erupted at the intersection of Ogontz Avenue and Widener Place.
A witness tells Action News there were a number of people outside when the 42-year-old victim exited the Happy House Chinese Restaurant on Ogontz Avenue. That is when, the witness says, shots were fired.
He said he saw the victim running away, and then saw the blood.
The victim was shot multiple times in the back, arm and backside as he tried to run away from the suspects.
He was rushed to Albert Einstein Medical Center in critical condition.
The two suspects fled the scene in a silver vehicle. So far, no further description has been provided.
Police say attempted robbery could have been the motive, but they are continuing to investigate.
The victim's name has not been released.
shooting, germantown, robbery, philadelphia, local/state
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect 46 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slick, debris not from missing Malaysia jet
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets 19 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: Skydiver's 'chute gets tangled in plane 50 min ago
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
46 min ago
- Skydiver's 'chute gets tangled in plane
50 min ago