Man gets 15 to 30 years in West Chester slaying
WEST CHESTER, Pa. - August 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- A southeastern Pennsylvania man has been sentenced to 15 to 30 years in state prison in the shooting death of a man in January.
The Daily Local News of West Chester says 22-year-old Calvin Thompson of Chester apologized through his attorney for the January slaying of 24-year-old Jamal Scott.
Thompson pleaded guilty to third-degree murder, robbery and conspiracy. He vowed Tuesday to "work for the rest of my life to make sure no one else does a foolish thing like this again."
Prosecutors said the victim had been targeted by five men as someone who had marijuana they could take at gunpoint and was shot when he resisted.
Four other men have been charged in the case.
Information from: Daily Local News, http://www.dailylocal.com
pennsylvania news, chester county news, homicide, drugs, local/state
- Suspects sought in carjacking, abduction 51 min ago
- AccuWeather: Tracking a Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Pedestrian struck, killed on Broad Street 20 min ago
- 4 shot outside Delaware nightclub 5 min ago
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist 10 min ago
- Cab driver shot outside Hunting Park nightclub
- Man critically injured in Camden County crash
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- Pearl Harbor ceremonies marks bombing anniversary
- More of US expected to see snow, sleet, ice
- 4 shot outside Delaware nightclub
5 min ago