Man gets 15 to 30 years in West Chester slaying
WEST CHESTER, Pa. - August 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- A southeastern Pennsylvania man has been sentenced to 15 to 30 years in state prison in the shooting death of a man in January.
The Daily Local News of West Chester says 22-year-old Calvin Thompson of Chester apologized through his attorney for the January slaying of 24-year-old Jamal Scott.
Thompson pleaded guilty to third-degree murder, robbery and conspiracy. He vowed Tuesday to "work for the rest of my life to make sure no one else does a foolish thing like this again."
Prosecutors said the victim had been targeted by five men as someone who had marijuana they could take at gunpoint and was shot when he resisted.
Four other men have been charged in the case.
Information from: Daily Local News, http://www.dailylocal.com
pennsylvania news, chester county news, homicide, drugs, local/state
- Apartments evacuated in Bucks Co. hazmat investigation 11 min ago
- Sunny and Cooler!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia 4 min ago
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino 24 min ago
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ