Police: Woman punched after failed robbery at ATM arrested
NEWARK, Del. - August 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say the woman who was punched in the face during a failed robbery of a 74-year-old man at an ATM in Newark, Delaware, and her alleged accomplice, have been arrested.
Megan Fields, 24, of Northeast, Md. and Stephen Campbell, 33, of Elkton, Md. were arrested Tuesday.
Troopers say on Aug. 19, a 74-year-old man withdrew money from a Wells Fargo bank.
Police say Fields brandished a knife and demanded the man's cash.
Officers say the man punched Fields in the face.
Police then say Fields ran to the victim's car, punctured one of its tires and fled in a car driven by Campbell.
Both were charged with attempted robbery first degree, possession of a deadly weapon during the commission of a felony, and criminal mischief under $1,000.
Additionally, Campbell was charged with receiving stolen property over $1,500 and conspiracy second degree.
Fields was committed to Baylor Women's Correctional Institute on $120,100 secured bail. Campbell was committed to Howard R. Young Correctional Institute on $124,100 secured bail.
delaware news, new castle county news, newark, robbery, local/state
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates 19 min ago
- Temps Soar