Arrest in University of Delaware basketball court shooting
NEWARK, Del. - August 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man from Delaware has been arrested for allegedly firing a gun during a fight on the University of Delaware campus in Newark.
Surveillance video helped investigators identify 20-year=old Brandon Fletcher.
Authorities say Fletcher got into an argument with another man on a campus basketball court at approximately 10:55 p.m. on August 19th.
The incident ended when he fired his gun.
No one was injured.
Fletcher was charged with four counts of first degree reckless endangering, four counts of aggravated menacing, possession of a firearm during commission of a felony, possession of a firearm by a person prohibited and criminal mischief.
He was committed to Howard R. Young Correctional Facility in lieu of $1.4 million cash bail. He also was issued a no contact order with the University and an unconditional trespass warning.
Police also arrested Fletcher's friends, 21-year-old Antonio Cox and 21-year-old Antonio McCray-Bradley for allegedly hindering the investigation.
delaware news, newark, university of delaware, shooting, local/state
- Montco DA: Drug ring targeted schools; 8 arrested 25 min ago
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd 58 min ago
- Woman's body found in Pa. excavation storage site 23 min ago
- Medical chopper called to crash on Route 55 51 min ago
- Jogger helps rescue man from Schuylkill River
- Photos: Pictures from NJ skydiving accident
- Boston Marathon begins under tight security 8 min ago
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous' 32 min ago
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
58 min ago