Arrest in University of Delaware basketball court shooting
NEWARK, Del. - August 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man from Delaware has been arrested for allegedly firing a gun during a fight on the University of Delaware campus in Newark.
Surveillance video helped investigators identify 20-year=old Brandon Fletcher.
Authorities say Fletcher got into an argument with another man on a campus basketball court at approximately 10:55 p.m. on August 19th.
The incident ended when he fired his gun.
No one was injured.
Fletcher was charged with four counts of first degree reckless endangering, four counts of aggravated menacing, possession of a firearm during commission of a felony, possession of a firearm by a person prohibited and criminal mischief.
He was committed to Howard R. Young Correctional Facility in lieu of $1.4 million cash bail. He also was issued a no contact order with the University and an unconditional trespass warning.
Police also arrested Fletcher's friends, 21-year-old Antonio Cox and 21-year-old Antonio McCray-Bradley for allegedly hindering the investigation.
delaware news, newark, university of delaware, shooting, local/state
- 911 calls from Newtown, CT shooting released 13 min ago
- Clouds, some sun, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Walker autopsy complete; 'Fast & Furious 7' halted
- Photos: Paul Walker: Pictures of crash scene, vigil
- Suspect in killing of fmr. Marine surrenders
- Attack in Washington Square caught on camera
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Hunting Park standoff ends with surrender
- Toys for Tots: Woman on video was volunteer
- Ocean County police to carry heroin antidote
- Sophia, Jackson most popular baby names of 2013
- Photos: Open House: Pat Croce's $7.95M mansion