Arrest in University of Delaware basketball court shooting
NEWARK, Del. - August 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man from Delaware has been arrested for allegedly firing a gun during a fight on the University of Delaware campus in Newark.
Surveillance video helped investigators identify 20-year=old Brandon Fletcher.
Authorities say Fletcher got into an argument with another man on a campus basketball court at approximately 10:55 p.m. on August 19th.
The incident ended when he fired his gun.
No one was injured.
Fletcher was charged with four counts of first degree reckless endangering, four counts of aggravated menacing, possession of a firearm during commission of a felony, possession of a firearm by a person prohibited and criminal mischief.
He was committed to Howard R. Young Correctional Facility in lieu of $1.4 million cash bail. He also was issued a no contact order with the University and an unconditional trespass warning.
Police also arrested Fletcher's friends, 21-year-old Antonio Cox and 21-year-old Antonio McCray-Bradley for allegedly hindering the investigation.
delaware news, newark, university of delaware, shooting, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in North Philadelphia 51 min ago
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester 32 min ago
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ