Former bank exec charged with attempted child sex in Delaware
DOVER, Del. - August 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- A former Bank of America executive is facing federal charges of trying to have sex with a 13-year-old girl.
Authorities on Wednesday unsealed a complaint charging 59-year-old Kirk A. Simmons of Newark with attempted coercion and enticement of a minor.
Simmons remains in custody pending a detention hearing Tuesday.
State police arrested Simmons last month outside a Newark hotel where he allegedly had arranged with an undercover detective to have sex with the fictitious girl.
Court records indicate that Simmons followed through with the plan even after expressing concerns about a law enforcement sting.
Simmons faces state charges of third-degree attempted rape.
At the time of his arrest, he was a vice president for market information at BOA's Newark facility.
Prosecutors say the bank terminated him after his arrest.
delaware news, children, newark, local/state
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Camden teen reported missing
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear 29 min ago
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding 47 min ago
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!