Former bank exec charged with attempted child sex in Delaware
DOVER, Del. - August 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- A former Bank of America executive is facing federal charges of trying to have sex with a 13-year-old girl.
Authorities on Wednesday unsealed a complaint charging 59-year-old Kirk A. Simmons of Newark with attempted coercion and enticement of a minor.
Simmons remains in custody pending a detention hearing Tuesday.
State police arrested Simmons last month outside a Newark hotel where he allegedly had arranged with an undercover detective to have sex with the fictitious girl.
Court records indicate that Simmons followed through with the plan even after expressing concerns about a law enforcement sting.
Simmons faces state charges of third-degree attempted rape.
At the time of his arrest, he was a vice president for market information at BOA's Newark facility.
Prosecutors say the bank terminated him after his arrest.
delaware news, children, newark, local/state
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car 15 min ago
- AccuWeather: Tracking snow for Monday 9 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas 30 min ago
- Delaware Co. mother seeks help finding son's killer
- Minn. man pulls police officer from burning car
- Delaware man charged with 12th DUI
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- AccuWeather: Tracking snow for Monday
9 min ago