Man shot dead on a street in Crescentville
PHILADELPHIA - August 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- A 34-year-old man was shot and killed on a street in the Crescentville section of Philadelphia early Thursday morning.
The shooting occurred around 1:30 a.m. on the 400 block of Sentner Street.
The victim was shot in the chest and rushed to the hospital and died a short time later.
Police say it may have been a shootout because several shell casings surrounded the man and an automatic weapon was found under his body.
They are gathering information on a dark colored vehicle that fled the scene.
homicide, philadelphia, local/state
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for missing Rider University student
- Coroner: Frat pledge died from head injuries 16 min ago
- Tennis coach charged with corruption of minors
- Arrest made after taxi carjacking in South Phila.
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $425-million
- Man arrested in car bomb plot at Kansas airport 12 min ago
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Police: Driver dies in crash after fleeing 2 others
- Laundromat robbed in Cedarbrook
- Stolen Xmas decorations returned in Berks Co.