Man shot dead on a street in Crescentville
PHILADELPHIA - August 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- A 34-year-old man was shot and killed on a street in the Crescentville section of Philadelphia early Thursday morning.
The shooting occurred around 1:30 a.m. on the 400 block of Sentner Street.
The victim was shot in the chest and rushed to the hospital and died a short time later.
Police say it may have been a shootout because several shell casings surrounded the man and an automatic weapon was found under his body.
They are gathering information on a dark colored vehicle that fled the scene.
homicide, philadelphia, local/state
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more 23 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett to announce Vatican trip
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Video: Secret Oreo cookie recipe sold to China
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- Video: Obama misspells "R-E-S-P-E-C-T" in Aretha...