Medical marijuana facility planned for Bellmawr
TRENTON, N.J. - August 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- A pharmacist will operate a medical marijuana dispensary that's under construction in Bellmawr.
Compassionate Sciences will need an operating permit from the state for the Camden County location once it meets regulatory requirements.
So far, the state has given permission to three dispensaries to grow pot.
Only one, Greenleaf Compassion Center in Montclair, has opened so far. But it had a supply shortage in June.
Compassionate Care Centers of America Foundation, Inc. in Woodbridge and Compassionate Care Foundation in Egg Harbor Township are growing marijuana.
New Jersey legalized cannabis for patients with certain conditions in 2010, but the program has been slow to take root.
camden county news, new jersey news, medical marijuana, local/state
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car 55 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by...
55 min ago