Girl, 11, struck by SUV on way to school in New Castle
NEW CASTLE, Del. - August 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police say a 11-year-old girl was struck by a vehicle on her way to school.
The accident happened at 7:13 a.m. Thursday in front of George Reed Middle School in the 300 block of East Basin Road in New Castle.
A Delaware State Police spokesperson says the girl ran out into the southbound lane and into the path of a 2008 Toyota Rav4.
The girl was taken to A.I. duPont Hospital where she was treated for an injury to her arm. A Colonial School District spokesperson said the girl is in stable condition.
The driver of the Toyota was not cited by police since the girl was not crossing at a crosswalk.
delaware county news, new castle county news, accident, pedestrian struck, local/state
- Snow/ Sleet Arriving
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Wintry weather forecast maps
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- PennDOT preps begin ahead of wintry mix
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI
- Body found in Logan tire fire
- $10K reward in murder of Chester gas station owner
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Mandela
- Suspects sought in Glenside carjacking, abduction
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist
- NJ officers play Santa for 'Shop with a Cop'