Girl, 11, struck by SUV on way to school in New Castle
NEW CASTLE, Del. - August 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police say a 11-year-old girl was struck by a vehicle on her way to school.
The accident happened at 7:13 a.m. Thursday in front of George Reed Middle School in the 300 block of East Basin Road in New Castle.
A Delaware State Police spokesperson says the girl ran out into the southbound lane and into the path of a 2008 Toyota Rav4.
The girl was taken to A.I. duPont Hospital where she was treated for an injury to her arm. A Colonial School District spokesperson said the girl is in stable condition.
The driver of the Toyota was not cited by police since the girl was not crossing at a crosswalk.
delaware county news, new castle county news, accident, pedestrian struck, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera 41 min ago
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ