Bensalem woman charged in North Philadelphia stabbing death
PHILADELPHIA - August 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- A suburban Philadelphia woman has been charged in the stabbing death of an acquaintance during an argument in north Philadelphia over the weekend.
Fifty-three-year-old Sherry Johnson of Bensalem is charged with murder and possessing an instrument of crime in the death of 50-year-old Alverta Armstrong.
Police said Armstrong was stabbed in the stomach and legs early Sunday and found lying in a north Philadelphia street. She was pronounced dead shortly before 3:30 a.m. at Temple University Hospital.
Police said Johnson and Armstrong were acquaintances and the stabbing happened after an argument, but they didn't say what the dispute was about.
Johnson remained in custody pending a Sept. 11 hearing; court records indicate that she will be represented by the Defender Association of Philadelphia but don't list an attorney for her.
philadelphia, north philadelphia, bucks county news, pennsylvania news, stabbing, homicide, local/state
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Volleyball coach accused sex with student 26 min ago
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd 43 min ago
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Temps Soar