Boat involved in crash on I-295 in New Castle
NEW CASTLE, Del. - August 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police are investigating a crash involving a boat on Interstate 295 in New Castle.
The crash happened at 8:45 a.m. Thursday in the westbound lanes of the highway near the exit for I-495.
The crash involved two vehicles, one of which was towing a boat.
Police say 38-year-old James Goodell of Winooski, Vermont, was driving a rental with a trailer, hauling a car, when he realized he missed the exit.
Investigators say Goodell stopped on the shoulder, but part of his trailer was in the right lane.
His trailer was hit by the trailer carrying the boat, and the boat fell from the trailer.
Goodell was issued a traffic summons for careless driving.
The boat owner estimated the damage to be about $50,000.
No one was injured.
The crash scene was cleared shortly after 11:00 a.m.
delaware news, new castle county news, accident, local/state
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill 57 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
57 min ago