Boat involved in crash on I-295 in New Castle
NEW CASTLE, Del. - August 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police are investigating a crash involving a boat on Interstate 295 in New Castle.
The crash happened at 8:45 a.m. Thursday in the westbound lanes of the highway near the exit for I-495.
The crash involved two vehicles, one of which was towing a boat.
Police say 38-year-old James Goodell of Winooski, Vermont, was driving a rental with a trailer, hauling a car, when he realized he missed the exit.
Investigators say Goodell stopped on the shoulder, but part of his trailer was in the right lane.
His trailer was hit by the trailer carrying the boat, and the boat fell from the trailer.
Goodell was issued a traffic summons for careless driving.
The boat owner estimated the damage to be about $50,000.
No one was injured.
The crash scene was cleared shortly after 11:00 a.m.
delaware news, new castle county news, accident, local/state
- Cab driver shot outside Hunting Park nightclub 43 min ago
- Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man critically injured in Camden County crash
- 4 shot outside Delaware nightclub
- More of US expected to see snow, sleet, ice
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks bombing anniversary
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire 41 min ago
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Cab driver shot outside Hunting Park...
43 min ago