Fmr. Philadelphia Councilwoman Joan Krajewski dies
PHILADELPHIA - August 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- Longtime Philadelphia Councilwoman Joan Krajewski has died.
Krajewski, from the city's Port Richmond section, retired last year after serving on council for 32 years.
She suffered from health problems in recent years.
In a statement issued Thursday morning, Council President Darrell Clarke said, "Joan was a great champion of Northeast Philadelphia. She was an unfailingly supportive colleague. And more importantly, she was my friend."
"I hope what Philadelphians remember most about Joan is she was a genuinely caring, warm, good human being. My heartfelt condolences go to Joan's sons and to all others who were privileged to know her," Clarke said.
Krajewski was 79 years old.
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lots of sun, chilly today 1 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp. 25 min ago
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly
- Flames spread through house in Egg Harbor 4 min ago
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Video: Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game 20 min ago
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
25 min ago
- Flames spread through house in Egg Harbor
4 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos