Fmr. Philadelphia Councilwoman Joan Krajewski dies
PHILADELPHIA - August 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- Longtime Philadelphia Councilwoman Joan Krajewski has died.
Krajewski, from the city's Port Richmond section, retired last year after serving on council for 32 years.
She suffered from health problems in recent years.
In a statement issued Thursday morning, Council President Darrell Clarke said, "Joan was a great champion of Northeast Philadelphia. She was an unfailingly supportive colleague. And more importantly, she was my friend."
"I hope what Philadelphians remember most about Joan is she was a genuinely caring, warm, good human being. My heartfelt condolences go to Joan's sons and to all others who were privileged to know her," Clarke said.
Krajewski was 79 years old.
- Delco school on lockdown amid standoff 3 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 36 min ago