Mother, son charged with drug dealing in New Castle
NEW CASTLE, Del. - August 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police have arrested and woman and her son after detectives say they observed a drug deal.
Troopers say they observed the alleged drug deal Wednesday morning in the parking lot of a New Castle Rite Aid.
Officers say they converged on the car allegedly involved and say a passenger threw a bag that contained Adderall pills.
Troopers say the driver refused to get out of the car and drove it in reverse, striking a vehicle a detective was sitting in. After a struggle, the driver was restrained.
Fifty-five-year-old Karen McCauley of Bear has been charged with resisting arrest with force or violence and drug offenses.
Her son, 39-year-old Brian Dolphin of Bear, was charged with drug offenses.
delaware news, new castle county news, drugs, local/state
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target 11 min ago
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Impact of Sunoco HQ, Citibank leaving Philly
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...