Mounted police officer struck by car in Hunting Park
HUNTING PARK - August 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Philadelphia police officer on horseback was struck by car while on patrol.
It happened after 9:00 p.m. Thursday at Rising Sun Avenue and 9th Street in Hunting Park.
The officer was taken to Temple University Hospital where he was treated for a mild concussion and minor scrapes and bruises.
The horse suffered cuts and bruises but was up and walking around. He was taken back to the stable and will be treated by a veterinarian.
There was no immediate word what charges the driver faces.
philadelphia, police, accident, hunting park, local/state
- Building under demolition collapses in Old City
- Windy and cold today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff 28 min ago
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications 55 min ago
- After 6 days, Malaysian jet mystery still unsolved 31 min ago
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs 20 min ago
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
28 min ago
- Group calls on Phila. City Council for...
26 min ago