Mounted police officer struck by car in Hunting Park
HUNTING PARK - August 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Philadelphia police officer on horseback was struck by car while on patrol.
It happened after 9:00 p.m. Thursday at Rising Sun Avenue and 9th Street in Hunting Park.
The officer was taken to Temple University Hospital where he was treated for a mild concussion and minor scrapes and bruises.
The horse suffered cuts and bruises but was up and walking around. He was taken back to the stable and will be treated by a veterinarian.
There was no immediate word what charges the driver faces.
philadelphia, police, accident, hunting park, local/state
- London theater partially collapses during performance 6 min ago
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Video captures Laundromat robbery
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- Arsonist tries to torch atheist billboard in NJ
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings 23 min ago
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Uwchlan Twp. man arrested following...
11 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos