Flames shoot through roof of Lower Makefield home
LOWER MAKEFIELD, Pa. - August 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- Flames tore through a home in Lower Makefield, Bucks County Friday afternoon.
The fire was first reported around 1:00 p.m. on the unit block of Townsend Road.
Authorities say first responders, familiar with the elderly residents who lived in the home, thought it was possible that they were inside.
Two Makefield police officers went inside looking for the couple but the flames and smoke were too intense and they had to turn back.
Fortunately no one was inside at the time of the fire.
The officers suffered smoke inhalation and were treated and released from local hospital.
Fire crews were able to bring the blaze under control but the home suffered extensive damage.
The cause of the fire has not yet been determined.
bucks county news, pennsylvania news, fire, local/state
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought 9 min ago
- Tracking Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No death penalty for man charged in wife death
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- Suspect sought after West Philadelphia bank robbery
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos