Driver crashes at toll plaza in King of Prussia
KING OF PRUSSIA, Pa. - August 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- One person was seriously injured overnight in a crash at a toll plaza in King of Prussia, Montgomery County.
The accident happened around 12:30 a.m. Friday at junction of the Pennsylvania Turnpike at the Schuylkill Expressway.
Police say it appears the driver lost control and crashed while approaching the toll booth.
The driver had to be extricated by rescue workers, and was then flown to an area hospital and treated for head injuries.
There is no word what may have caused the driver to lose control.
montgomery county news, pennsylvania news, accident, local/state
- School Closings & Delays
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Phila. students dig out cars stuck in slush
- Video: Widener U. track team helps stuck drivers
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands