Trenton sets homicide record with 32nd killing
TRENTON, N.J. - August 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man was shot and killed in Trenton on Thursday afternoon, setting a new record for homicides in the city.
The shooting happened at 12:30 p.m. in the first block of Butler Street.
Police say the incident began with an altercation on Hamilton Avenue.
The victim was chased by two suspects several blocks before being gunned down in front of Italian People's Bakery.
There have been no arrests in this case. The name of the victim has not been released.
This is Trenton's 32nd homicide of the year. The previous record of 31 homicides was set back in 2005.
new jersey news, trenton, homicide, shooting, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases