Trenton sets homicide record with 32nd killing
TRENTON, N.J. - August 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man was shot and killed in Trenton on Thursday afternoon, setting a new record for homicides in the city.
The shooting happened at 12:30 p.m. in the first block of Butler Street.
Police say the incident began with an altercation on Hamilton Avenue.
The victim was chased by two suspects several blocks before being gunned down in front of Italian People's Bakery.
There have been no arrests in this case. The name of the victim has not been released.
This is Trenton's 32nd homicide of the year. The previous record of 31 homicides was set back in 2005.
new jersey news, trenton, homicide, shooting, local/state
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95
- Wet to Wintry
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Police raid alleged chop shop in North Philadelphia
- Restaurant owner slashes robber with sushi knife
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Center City rape victims speaks to Action News
- Surveillance: Christmas packages stolen from home
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Arrest in theft of Porsche part from Walker crash