Woman hit by River Line train in Burlington
BURLINGTON, N.J. - August 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- A woman was struck by the River Line train in Burlington, New Jersey on Friday morning.
The accident happened at West Broad and Commerce Square Boulevard around 9:00 a.m.
The train was travelling northbound on its way to Trenton.
Police say a woman stepped in front of the train and made no attempt to get out of the way.
The victim was trapped under the train for about 10 minutes before being rescued.
On Friday afternoon, authorities said the woman was in critical but stable condition at the hospital.
Service was delayed for about an hour for the investigation.
new jersey news, burlington county news, accident, pedestrian struck, local/state
- Screaming man attacks police station, cars 59 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today 20 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of smashed police car, station...
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases 41 min ago
- Video: Would-be firebomber sets self on fire