FedEx building evacuated for suspicious substance
BELLMAWR, N.J. - August 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- A FedEx building in Bellmawr, New Jersey was evacuated after a suspicious substance was found inside.
It happened shortly after 7:00 a.m. Haag Avenue.
Hazmat crews were called in to investigate.
Officials tell Action News that a white powder was found in a package.
Authorities say evacuations were done as a precaution and the scene was cleared shortly after 10:00 a.m.
No injuries were reported.
Authorities have not released any information regarding what the substance may have been.
new jersey news, camden county news, local/state
- School Closings & Delays
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Phila. students dig out cars stuck in slush
- Video: Widener U. track team helps stuck drivers
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands