Restaurant customer wounded in West Oak Lane robbery attempt
PHILADELPHIA - August 31, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a man was in a Chinese take-out restaurant when he was shot during an attempted robbery in the city's West Oak Lane section early Saturday morning.
The incident happened around 12:30 a.m. at the Golden City Chinese take-out restaurant located in the 7200 block of Ogontz Avenue. Police told Action News that a man in his 20's was in the lobby when two males entered and one of the males was armed with a sawed off shot gun and demanded money.
The customer attempted to wrestle the shotgun from the suspect and then his partner started to beat on the victim.
During the struggle, the shotgun went off striking the victim at least once in the hip.
He was taken by police to Einstein Hospital where he is listed in good condition.
The suspects fled the scene traveling south on Ogontz Avenue towards 71st Street.
Police say they will review the surveillance cameras inside the store.
shooting, west oak lane, philadelphia, local/state
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead 23 min ago
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Minivan, car collide head-on in Paoli 18 min ago
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School
- Elderly woman hurt in East Windsor apartment fire 34 min ago
- Multiple arrests after fight in bar parking lot
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
- Video: Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos