Restaurant customer wounded in West Oak Lane robbery attempt
PHILADELPHIA - August 31, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a man was in a Chinese take-out restaurant when he was shot during an attempted robbery in the city's West Oak Lane section early Saturday morning.
The incident happened around 12:30 a.m. at the Golden City Chinese take-out restaurant located in the 7200 block of Ogontz Avenue. Police told Action News that a man in his 20's was in the lobby when two males entered and one of the males was armed with a sawed off shot gun and demanded money.
The customer attempted to wrestle the shotgun from the suspect and then his partner started to beat on the victim.
During the struggle, the shotgun went off striking the victim at least once in the hip.
He was taken by police to Einstein Hospital where he is listed in good condition.
The suspects fled the scene traveling south on Ogontz Avenue towards 71st Street.
Police say they will review the surveillance cameras inside the store.
shooting, west oak lane, philadelphia, local/state
- Hit and run victim found near Wilmington road 48 min ago
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler 29 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
- Funeral for Nelson Mandela to be held Dec. 15th 38 min ago
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Video: Jim Gardner recalls visiting Mandela's cell
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Police question suspect in Christmas package theft 31 min ago
- Reward offered after dogs found in trash bags
- Charges filed in alleged chop shop raid in N. Phila. 32 min ago
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- 2 women hospitalized after Schuylkill Expy. crash
- Hit and run victim found near Wilmington road
48 min ago
- Police question suspect in Christmas...
31 min ago