Man dies after being punched in North Philadelphia
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - August 31, 2013 (WPVI) -- A teenager is facing homicide charges after police say he fatally punched a 49-year-old man in North Philadelphia.
It happened around 1:00 Saturday morning on the 1600 block of North 17th Street.
Authorities say an 18-year-old male punched a 49-year-old male in the face. The impact knocked the victim down to the sidewalk.
Two 22nd district officers witnessed the incident and chased the suspect for several blocks. The teen was apprehended and taken into custody.
The victim was taken to St. Joseph's Hospital where he died from his injuries. His identity has not been released.
Police say the suspect will now face homicide charges.
philadelphia, north philadelphia, assault, homicide, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat 2 min ago
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
2 min ago