Man dies after being punched in North Philadelphia
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - August 31, 2013 (WPVI) -- A teenager is facing homicide charges after police say he fatally punched a 49-year-old man in North Philadelphia.
It happened around 1:00 Saturday morning on the 1600 block of North 17th Street.
Authorities say an 18-year-old male punched a 49-year-old male in the face. The impact knocked the victim down to the sidewalk.
Two 22nd district officers witnessed the incident and chased the suspect for several blocks. The teen was apprehended and taken into custody.
The victim was taken to St. Joseph's Hospital where he died from his injuries. His identity has not been released.
Police say the suspect will now face homicide charges.
philadelphia, north philadelphia, assault, homicide, local/state
- Cab driver shot outside Hunting Park nightclub
- AccuWeather: Tracking a Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Suspects wanted for carjacking, abduction in Glenside 5 min ago
- Man critically injured in Camden County crash
- 4 shot outside Delaware nightclub
- More of US expected to see snow, sleet, ice
- Pearl Harbor ceremonies marks bombing anniversary
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet