Woman injured in Point Breeze house fire
POINT BREEZE - August 31, 2013 (WPVI) -- A woman suffered injuries after flames broke out in a Point Breeze home, forcing her to jump from a bedroom window.
It happened just before noon Saturday on the 1700 block of South 22nd Street.
First responders reported heavy flames showing upon arrival.
Medics transported the victim to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania for injuries sustained from her fall as well as smoke inhalation.
The fire was placed under control around 12:30 p.m.
No word what sparked the blaze.
philadelphia, point breeze, fire, local/state
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport 12 min ago
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- After 6 days, Malaysian jet mystery still unsolved
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad