Woman injured in Point Breeze house fire
POINT BREEZE - August 31, 2013 (WPVI) -- A woman suffered injuries after flames broke out in a Point Breeze home, forcing her to jump from a bedroom window.
It happened just before noon Saturday on the 1700 block of South 22nd Street.
First responders reported heavy flames showing upon arrival.
Medics transported the victim to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania for injuries sustained from her fall as well as smoke inhalation.
The fire was placed under control around 12:30 p.m.
No word what sparked the blaze.
philadelphia, point breeze, fire, local/state
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm 53 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof. 44 min ago
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia
- Pope Francis 'Person of the Year'; popularity surges
- Stranded family found alive in Nevada
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
53 min ago