Body of missing kayaker in Delaware River found
NATIONAL PARK, N.J. (AP) - September 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities say the body of a kayaker who went missing in the Delaware River off the coast of New Jersey has been found.
Authorities say a woman in National Park called police shortly before 3 p.m. Saturday to report that her husband was missing.
She said he had been kayaking on the river and that when she turned to look out to him, the kayak was empty.
Coast Guard crews were called in to help search for the victim.
Officials confirmed that the body of the missing man had been found Sunday. However his identity has not been released.
new jersey news, gloucester county news, missing person, local/state
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95
- Wet to Wintry
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Police raid alleged chop shop in North Philadelphia
- Restaurant owner slashes robber with sushi knife
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Center City rape victims speaks to Action News
- Surveillance: Christmas packages stolen from home
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Arrest in theft of Porsche part from Walker crash