Shooting leaves 2 dead in Camden
CAMDEN - September 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- Camden County police are looking for the shooter behind a double homicide.
The shootings took place around 11:30 p.m. Saturday in the 500 block of Erie Street in Camden.
34-year-old Leonard Vazquez and a 27-year-old man were struck by gunfire.
The shooter got away.
Police later found Vazquez laying on the sidewalk. The second victim was found in the passenger seat of a Chevy Impala.
The name of the second victim has not been released pending family notification.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Camden County Prosecutor's Office at 856-225-8653 or Camden County Police at 856-757-7420.
new jersey news, camden, camden county news, shooting, homicide, local/state
- Break dancers spark controversy on SEPTA trains
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- Paulsboro residents warned of contaminated water
- Pit bull found shot in NJ continues to recover
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- 3 injured in 2-alarm fire in Holmesburg
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police