1 dead, suspect in custody in West Philly shooting
WEST PHILADELPHIA - September 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- One person is dead and another person is in custody following a shooting in West Philadelphia.
SEPTA officers first reported that they heard gunshots around 6:00 p.m. Sunday near 50th and Market streets.
A man in his 20s was found shot multiple times in the chest and arms. He was taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania where he later died.
The suspects took off from the scene and crashed at 52nd and Chestnut streets.
One person was taken into custody. No word on formal charges being filed.
Philadelphia police are still investigating what led up to the shooting.
philadelphia, west philadelphia, shooting, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall 39 min ago
- Sunny and chilly 36 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat 38 min ago
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino 40 min ago
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Sunny and chilly
36 min ago
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
38 min ago