Former fire chief dies helping family in Northampton Co.
NORTHAMPTON COUNTY, Pa.-September 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- Officials say a former fire chief helping a family clear away brush in Northampton County, Pennsylvania fell off a cliff and died Sunday.
56-year-old Barry Stires was tossing branches over a steep cliff off Rim Road in Bethlehem Township when he slipped and fell about 60 feet.He was rushed to the hospital but died from severe head injuries.
northampton county news, pennsylvania news, local/state
- Photos: 6 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty 8 min ago
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike 41 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Photos: Pictures from the finger-bite mall attack
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber