Man dies after falling into eastern Pennsylvania lake
COPLAY, Pa. (AP) - September 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities say an autopsy will be done on a man who died after he fell into an eastern Pennsylvania lake.
Rescue crews in Lehigh County were called to Grouse Hall Pond in North Whitehall Township shortly before 3:30 p.m. Monday.The coroner's office says 51-year-old Douglas Bachman of Lower Nazareth Township was found unresponsive after falling into the lake at the Grouse Hall Fish and Game property.
Officials say he was rushed to Lehigh Valley Hospital, where he was pronounced dead about an hour later.
drowning, pennsylvania news, local/state
- Apartments evacuated in Bucks Co. hazmat investigation 16 min ago
- Sunny and Cooler!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia 40 min ago
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ